1) Reward Yourself with a t-shirt from the Virginia State Parks Gift Shop
Virginia State Park Gift Shops are great to treat yourself after a long hike or walk
2) Walk with a friend
3) Bring the dog or borrow one
Walk the Dog at a Shenandoah River SP)
4) Bring your camera and make some observations
5) Spot or count wildlife
6) Walk TO something or somewhere and have a picnic
7) Listen to your favorite tunes via an iPod and put a little jazz in your step
8) Challenge yourself, go where you have not been before
9) Follow a scenic trail – like a lake loop or along a rushing river
There are 35 VA State Parks – Trail Guides are printed for your use at every park!
10) Go to the top. Make it your goal to make it all the way to the end or the trail or the top
Get outside and explore!
If it's cold outside, slap on a hat and gloves. Help the environment, bring along a sack to collect discarded cans or water bottles or other rubbish along the trail.
Remember to always stay on the trail.
Don't forget these other very special rewards:
Walking can help improve your attitude and put some cheer into your step, you may lose weight, look and feel better, gain more energy, improve your health, sleep better, and limit your time in front of the TV or PC. FRESH AIR!