Join us for Sky Meadows State Parkon Saturday, April 28, 2012 from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. behind the historic Mount Bleak House.
Sky Meadows State Park on April 28.
The event features safe solar viewing and telescopes for checking out the planets and stars, special presentations, and fun for the kids.
The Henry Draper.
– At 3:30 p.m. NOVAC Member Bill Burton will present “Your Place in Space.”
– Try your hand at Astronomy Bingo starting at 3:45 p.m.
– At 4 p.m. enjoy a presentation about the history of telescopes and a demonstration of modern observing equipment.
– Sky Meadows State ParkVolunteer Dr. Woody Davis will present “An Update on the Cassini Mission” at 5 p.m.
– Dr. David Choi of the Goddard Space Flight Center, will present at 6 p.m. “Our Solar System in the Age of Planetary Exploration.”
– At twilight the viewing will begin; join NOVACmembers in the fields of Sky Meadows State Parkto take in the expanses of the night sky. Members will be on hand to happily share views of the night sky and answer visitors’ questions.
The NOVACmotto is To Observe and to Help Others Observe. NOVACis a group of like minded individuals who enjoy learning and teaching others about astronomy. Their primary purpose is to provide enjoyment and education to the public through amateur astronomy. Members have the opportunity to connect with others who share a common interest and the opportunity to exchange ideas. For more information about NOVACand how to become a membervisit their website.
Did you know our clicking hereand selecting the park of interest.
Sky Meadows State Park is located at 11012 Edmonds Lane, Delaplane, VA 20144-0710. The park is less than two miles south of Paris, Va., via U.S. Route 50 to Route 17 South; or seven miles north of I-66, Exit 23 on Route 17 North. The park entrance is on State Route 710.