Last month, Ichallenged readers to make a “Virginia State Parks To-Do List” by visiting our events website atwww.virginiastateparks.gov/ and selecting five things to do at Virginia State Parks.
Now that school is almost over, I want to reiterate that challenge! Have you picked your five??
Here are my recommendations…
1. The Fossil Walk along the JamesRiverat Chippokes Plantation State Park.You’venever seen shells this big!!!
-Pictured top left
2. The Bald Cypress hike at First Landing StatePark. Swamp land has never looked so good!!Bring your camera…dragonfliesand turtles abound!!
3. Bird Banding at Kiptopeke StatePark. Get up close and personal withsongbirds and bird researchers!
4. Moonlight Paddle on Back Bay at False Cape State Park.Do something different for date night!
5. Stargazing at York River State Park.Forget Dancing with the Stars, getoutside and get to know someREALstars!
You can go hiking, biking, kayaking, canoeing, beach combing, birdwatching, swimming, make crafts, attend a workshop, go fishing, start a nature journal, or spend the day with your dog. New events and activities are being added every day!!
Come out and play with us!!