Virginia State Parks are ready for you to unwind, unplug and decompress.
Time for a Digital Sabbatical
Is daily routine zapping you of energy? Zapping your time with your loved ones? Are you being consumed by technology? Is Facebook and other social media becoming your only hobby?
Ask yourself these basic questions:
- How many times per day do you check your email?
- How many times per day do you do a Google search and then follow where that leads you?
- How many hours per day or week do you spend in front of TV or streaming movies?
Now ask yourself these basic questions:
- When was the last time you spent more than an hour outside?
- How many hours per week do you spend alone with your family? Spending time with just them?
- How much time do you spend doing those things you really enjoy (vs have to do)?
Living in this digital age we are inundated with opportunities, but they all require one thing OUR ATTENTION. The more information that is out there, the more of our time that is sucked away to never get back. And yet, with all of this available to us, we still have the same 24 hours in a day, the same 7 days a week. Once we spend that time, it is gone, no refund!
Maybe it’s time to make a focused and deliberate change, if even for one weekend. Virginia State Parks suggests you getaway from it all and let nature distract you, come on out and meet Virginia, she’ll take your breath away!
The choice is all yours, how will you spend your time?
VIRGINIA STATE PARKS ARE FAMILY, FRIENDS AND FUN!
Isn’t it time to bring a little color back to your cheeks? There are 35 Virginia State Parks to choose from…get outside today!
*Article inspired by “The Attention Economy” by Steven K Griffin