Virginia State Parks offer exceptional venues for memorable weddings.
1 Hungry Mother State Park Park amphitheater (on an island in Hungry Mother Lake) or gazebo (adjacent to the lake), full catering available, staff coordinate overall wedding planning.
2. Claytor Lake State Park Picturesque gazebo on a point adjacent to Claytor Lake. Waters Edge Meeting facility is perfect for the reception.
3. Belle Isle State Park A mansion with grounds along the Rappahannock River.
4. Chippokes Plantation State Park Historic mansion with formal gardens.
5. First Landing State Park Beach front wedding with a large courtyard for the reception.
6. Westmoreland State Park Murphy Hall on a cliff overlooking the Potomac River.
7. Fairy Stone State Park Fayerdale Hall adjacent to Fairy Stone Lake .
8. Leesylvania State Park Lee’s Landing Shelter on a bluff overlooking the Potomac River.
9. Douthat State Park Lakeside amphitheater, full catering available.
10. Twin Lakes State Park Lakeside conference facility with gazebo. Full catering available.
While the scenic views at a park are wonderful, keep in mind that if your wedding is in a public area of the park – like on the beach, in a gazebo open to the public (as opposed to rented), or on a trail – you may not have control over folks that may end up in your wedding photos. The accessibility of areas vary so that would be a good question to ask the park when you discuss your nuptials. If you rent an indoor facility like a meeting room or conference center, you are assured of a private function.