If you think a $5 Subway sandwich is a good deal, wait until you see what you can get for your $5 parking fee at Virginia State Parks!!
For example, your $5 weekend parking fee ($4 weekdays)at First Landing State Park gets you:
1. Access to 19 miles of beautiful coastal Virginia hiking trails that include incredible scenic overlooks of Broad Bay, Bald Cypress Swamps, and White Hill Lake.
2. Access to the Virginia Birding and Wildlife Trail through salt marshes, eagle nesting habitat, and our soon-to-open songbird banding station.
3. Access 1.5 miles of Chesapeake Bay beach perfect for early spring beach combing or saltwater fishing in VA.
4. Access to the 1/2-miles Eastern Woodland Indian trail exhibit that includes five full-size replica longhouses that you can enter and examine. One of the stops of the trail even features a dugout canoe that you can scrape out with oyster shells.
5. Access to the Narrow/Broad Bay area which is a perfect spot for kayaking in Virginia. Hug the shoreline up Broad Bay for incredible bird watching that include blue heron, great white egret, and osprey.
6. Access to the group picnic area and children’s playground–perfect for a Sunday family picnic in the outdoors.
7. Free entry in two visitor center museums. The Chesapeake Bay Center features interactive exhibits about the Virginia Company and colonial exploration of the area and the Trial Center features exhibits about Native American lifeways and the natural world.
8. Access to many guided interpretive programs including guided hikes, seining, and craft programs.