The New Yorker Magazine has an article titled "JUST IN TIME FOR SPRING" by Ellis Weiner.
ABSTRACT: SHOUTS & MURMURS about a new activity called GOING OUTSIDE. Introducing GOING OUTSIDE, the astounding multipurpose activity platform that will revolutionize the way you spend your time. GOING OUTSIDE is not a game or a program, not a device or an app, not a protocol or an operating system. Instead, it’s a comprehensive experiential mode that lets you perceive and do things firsthand.
Read more here.
Virginia State Parks has 35 state parks to enjoy Family, Friends and Fun! Sure you can probably get cell service and WIFI at many of them, but why! Come on people, it's time to unplug! Do you remember when we used to say "unwind?" If so, then you are old, way old and so you know what I am talkin' about. Get away from "it all" takes on new meaning in this digital age. I mean, really get away from it all!
Kayaking and Family Fun at Virginia State Parks!
Is there anything better than this? Family Friends and Fun!
What sort of activities do you enjoy, what gets you outside?
From the Cumberland Gap to the Atlantic Ocean Virginia State Parks has activities for everyone in your family, including Fido!
- Fishing? Boy do we have a lot of that instore! Click here
- Geocache and GPS Adventures? Got that! Click here
- Hiking? We got you covered there. Click here
- Nature and History Programs? "It's in our nature" as the saying goes…we got that! Click here
- Cabins and Camping? Yes and Yes. Click here
- Meetings and Conference Centers? But of course, and go for a nature walk afterward. Click here
- Weddings? Tie the knot outside! Click here
You can search all park amenities: Which park(s) has swimming? Which Park(s) has a restaurant? A boat launch, picnic shelters, equestrian trails? Click here
See a map here of DCR Virginia Natural Area Preserves with Access.
So now that we have that sorted out – Go Outside and have some fun! Virginia State Parks is the place to unplug, unwind and unroll. We might even see you there!