On Saturday, October 18, 2014James River State Park will be filled with fun activities during the Annual Fall Harvest Festival starting at 2 p.m. at the Visitor Center.
Bring the family and spend an afternoon in the park!
Family and friends can participate in several activities including:
- Wagon rides to the Tye River Overlook: $3 per person or $8 per family
- Spooky candy trail
- Pumpkin carving and painting
- Crafts: enjoy corn shelling, apple cider press, butter churning & tasting, candle dipping, and corn husk doll making
- A Giant Apple Slingshot: $1 for three apples; get a prize if you hit the target
- Candy Maze: travel through a maze of grass and receive candy at the completion of the maze.
- Outdoor family movie
Wagon Rides for $3 a person or $8 for the whole family!
Sip hot cider at the bon fire. Then when darkness falls, take a walk on a spooky trail to the amphitheater and enjoy the classic movie “Ghostbusters” at approximately 7:15 p.m.
Dress for the weather and bring a blanket, chairs, and a flashlight (if you’re afraid of the dark)! Food and drinks will be available for sale throughout the day. Parking for the day is $4 per car.
Pumpkins will be for sale!
The Fall Festival is sponsored by the Friends of James River State Park.
For general park information click here, contact the park office at 434-933-4355 or e-mail James River State Park. James River State Park is located at 104 Green Hill Drive, Gladstone, VA 24553.
The award-winning Virginia State Parks are managed by the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation.
For more information about Virginia State Parks’ activities and amenities or to make reservations in one of the more than 1,800 campsites or 300 climate-controlled cabins, call the Virginia State Parks Reservation Center at 800-933-PARK or click here.