The annual Friends of Wilderness Road State Park support organization, will be held on Saturday, October 13, 2012 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The event features a full slate of children’s activities and bluegrass music highlighting a day that will include old-fashioned food, Appalachian crafts and demonstrations, an entertaining clown and 18th century demonstrations at Historic Martin’s Station.
Town Branch performs on stage during the 2011 Festival
The list of musicians include:
- 10:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – Ken Wilson
- 11:55 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. – Town Branch
- 12:45 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. – C. F. Bailey and Shadow Ridge
- 1:35 p.m. to 2:20 p.m. – Town Branch
- 2:25 p.m. to 3:10 p.m. – C. F. Bailey and Shadow Ridge
- 3:35 p.m. to ??? – Larry Goodwin.
A local crafter sells handcrafted instruments
Animal husbandry, blacksmithing, gun-making, dyeing, soap-making, a Cherokee warrior camp and 18th century music highlight the activities and demonstrations scheduled for Martin Station’s Fall Encampment, which will be held in conjunction with the Heritage Festival.
For more information, please contact the website.