Effective January 1, 2013, parking fees.
Using self-payment centers at the park’s main parking areas, the park will collect $2 per vehicle on weekdays and $3 per vehicle on weekends. Managed by the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation, High Bridge Trail State Park joins most other Virginia State Parks in charging a parking or admittance fee. Parking fees and other revenue are used to operate and maintain state parks.
High Bridge Trail State Park will start charging a parking fee effective January 1, 2013.
The self-payment centers will be located at the Elam, Prospect, Tuggle, River Road and Rice parking lots. Beginning January 1, those without proof of paying the fee are subject to a fine. In addition to the standard vehicle fees there is $2 fee for trailers, $3 for horse trailers, and for trailers with more than two horses a $2 per animal fee. The parking fee for buses of 16 or more passengers is $10 daily.
Park visitors will use a self-payment center to pay the standard parking fee of $2 per vehicle on weekdays and $3 per vehicle on weekends.
For guests who use the park on a regular basis Virginia State Parks also offer annual parking passports. The “Naturally Yours Parking Passport” is an annual pass for one park of the customer’s choice and can be purchased for $40. The “Naturally Yours Passport Plus” is an annual pass for parking and admission to all state parks and includes “Plus Package” amenities such as discounts on camping, merchandise, equipment rentals and more. The passport plus can be purchased for $66. Lifetime passes are also available. Parking passes can be purchased by calling the Virginia State Parks Reservation Center at 1-800-933-PARK (7275) or from the park office. You can contact the park by calling 434-315-0457 or by email.
Park guests who visit the park on a regular basis can purchase a
Naturally Yours Parking Passport.
For more information on the 35 award winning Virginia State Parks, or to make reservations in one of the more than 1,800 campsites or 300 climate-controlled cabins, call the Virginia State Parks Reservation Center at 800-933-PARK (7275) or click here.
Entrances – Parking availability:
- Rice's Depot Road, 1/4-mile off U.S. 460 at Rice, near trail milepost 142
- River Road, three miles off N. Main St. in Farmville, near trail milepost 146
- Osborne Road, 1/4-mile off N. Main St. in Farmville, near trail milepost 149
- Municipal lots in Farmville where the trail intersects with Main St. near trail milepost 150
- Tuggle Road, off U.S. 460 and near U.S. 15 North, near trail milepost 156
- Prospect Road, off U.S. 460 at Prospect, near trail milepost 161
- Elam, off U.S. 460 at Sulpher Spring Rd., near trail milepost 164
- Heights School Rd., of U.S. Business 460 near Pamplin, near trail milepost 16