New Dump Station is completed at First Landing State Park!
The new dump station at First Landing State Park can accommodate two RVs at a time.
Managing aFirst Landing State Park was a maintenance priority this year. The new dump station has wider pull-through lanes, can accommodate two RVs at once, and is now on level ground.
The new dump station is on level ground with wider pull through lanes.
Ourproject and maintenancefunds are very limited and we are so short-staffed that some days I wish I could clone myself a hundred times over to get things done. However, by re-prioritizing some of our maintenance projects, poolingfunding from our maintenance budgets, and contracting out the project we were able to complete the dump station in time for the Spring camping season.
Please help keep the dump station clean for the next visitor.
Only two Kiptopeke State Park on Virginia's Eastern Shore. Managing our dump stations isnot a glamorous job, butour maintenance staff works hard to ensure that everything is clean and in working order during the camping season. ou can help!
Here are some great tips from RVDumps.com that you can use to protect yourself and your equipment when using a dump station.
- Use a heavy-duty sewer hose about 6 to 8 feet long to make handling easier.
- Carry an extra garden hose for rinsing in case the dump station doesn't have one. Store this in an area where it won't come into contact with your drinking water hose.
- Never use your fresh water hose for rinsing sewer hoses or the dump station area.
- Wear protective rubber gloves and avoid touching the outside of the gloves.
- If others are waiting to use the dump station, skip the tank flushing and hose rinsing steps. Pull away from the dump station and then add some water and chemicals to the holding tanks.
- Never put anything other than the contents of your holding tanks into the dump station.
- Leave the dump station area cleaner than you found it.
- Get a clear 45 degree elbow pipe and connect it to your tank and the dump station so you can monitor your progress
- Emptya bag of ice in your tank, drive to your destination, then dump your tank. The hard ice will help dislodge any waste sticking to the sides of your tank.
- Color code your hoses so you never get them mixed up–white for fresh water; black for wastewater rinsing
- Some RVs have a hollow rear bumperstoring your wastewater hose. Never store your wastewater rinsehose and fresh water hose in the same compartment!
Campgrounds open on March 1, 2013in many parts of the state. Now is the time to make your reservation for spring and summer camping. Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-933-PARK (7275). See what is going on this winter, spring, and summer by clicking E-News–we occasionally run some great discounts and promotions for early spring camping.
First Landing State Park is located on the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia Beach.