The Friends of Sailor's Creek Battlefield Historical State Park are working together to help raise funds for upcoming projects at these two state parks.
Friends of High Bridge Trail State Park showcase several items up for auction.
Ten donated items are being auctioned to benefit Friends of High Bridge Trail State Park:
- A tandem bicycle (fully assembled!) donated by Agee's Bicycles (11020 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond VA 23235)
- A "Mello Yello" limited edition, low-rider, banana seat bike with spoked chrome wheels
- A themed basket of High Bridge merchandise containing items donated by High Bridge Rails & Trails Bike Rental
- A book, History of Prince Edward County, Virginia, by C.E. Burrell, originally printed in 1922 and reprinted in 1997 by Southside Virginia Historical Press
- A framed, limited edition poster from the Grand Opening Celebration held on June 26, 2012 commemorating the opening of High Bridge
- A framed "Lee's Retreat" sign, from the original Stop #18 on the Lee's Retreat driving tour, donated by Civil War Trails
- A framed print of High Bridge, from a color photograph taken by Woodfin Ligon, showing the bridge spanning a foreground of fields and trees covered with a light dusting of snow and with a rising morning mist
- A two-night cabin stay at any Virginia State Park, donated by Virginia State Parks
- A one-night stay at, and donated by, Longwood Bed & Breakfast in Farmville
- A one-night stay with a full-course, gourmet breakfast at, and donated by, The Inn on the Avenues in Farmville
During the fall months, bids have been mounting, and the moment when the winners will be unveiled is fast approaching. For more information about these items, including sizes of framed items, exclusions and restrictions on overnight accommodations, and online bidding opportunities, visit the Friends of High Bridge Trail State Park website.
Final bids can be made and winning bids will be revealed on Saturday, December 8, 2012 at theAntebellum Saint Nicholaus Program, which will be held from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Winners do not need to be present.
Feel like lending nature a hand? The click here or contact them by email.
Friends of High Bridge Trail State Park also sell railroad spikes as a way to raise funds to support park projects.
HOW TO BID:
All bids submitted via email must be received by the Friends group here no later than December 3, 2012 at 5pm eastern time, or in person no later than December 8, 2012 at 4p.m.
See current bids and items here.
Sailor's Creek Battlefield Historical State Park is located at 6541 Saylers Creek Road, Rice, Va. From U.S. 460, take Route 617 (Saylers Creek Rd.) to Sailor’s Creek Battlefield State Park. From U.S. 360, take State Route 307 (connecting highway between U.S. 360 and U.S. 460) to Route 617 North (Saylers Creek Rd.).
Drive Time: Northern Virginia, three to three and a half hours; Richmond, one to one and a half hours; Tidewater/Norfolk/Virginia Beach, two and a half to three hours; Roanoke, two hours.