The Mill Pond Trail is a .9 mile, easy multi-use trail that is accessible from the trail head parking and the Pigeon Run Trail. The trail passes through wooded areas and then arrives at a brief clearing. From the clearing, the trail is open only to hikers, others must continue on the Pigeon Run Trail or return to the parking area. The Mill Pond Trail continues on to the site of Hailey’s Mill, a gristmill that stood alongside Pigeon Run from 1857 until June 1889, when it was destroyed by a the same storm that caused the infamous Johnstown Flood. Today one can see remnants of the mill dam that once extended from the bank near the trail to the opposite side of Pigeon Run.
Like this? Share it!