Come to Sky Meadows State Park for a day of volunteering and stewardship. Community members who are looking for a way to give back are encouraged to come out to the park and get involved in our Stewardship Virginia -Invasive Species Removal Day, Saturday, May 7. Join Trish Bartholomew, the park’s Natural History Interpreter, at the Historic Mount Bleak House at 11 a.m. Trish will talk briefly about the invasive species in the park and give instruction on proper plant removal. Then, you’ll spend the day out in the park removing some of the invaders while enjoying the beauty of Sky Meadows State Park.
- Enhance water quality;
- Control invasive species;
- Improve recreational resources;
- Preserve historical & cultural resources;
- Conserve natural heritage resources;
- Educate people about recreational, historical, cultural, wildlife, forest, and water resources; and
- Improve wildlife habitat and tree cover.