WELCOME TO THE LAKE!
Visit the beautiful Smith Mountain Lake State Park in every season. For those who have special celebrations in the colder months, like birthdays or wedding anniversaries in January, the cabins at Smith Mountain Lake are the perfect getaway and open year-round!
Picnic area and grill for cabin 17 at Smith Mountain Lake State Park
Water view from cabin 17
Sit outside and take in the view from the covered porch year-round
There are 20 cabins to choose from at this park
Typical 2 bedroom cabin at Smith Mountain Lake State Park
Although situated on the second largest body of freshwater in the state, Smith Mountain Lake State Park is not just for water enthusiasts. In addition to a full range of water related activities, including swimming, fishing and boating, the park offers miles of hiking trails, housekeeping cabins, camping, picnicking, a visitor center and interpretive programs.
For information on availability of overnight accommodations, particular park amenities or to make a reservation, you can Click here for park fees.
- Wood stoves (no fireplace)
- Kitchen: Refrigerator, stove, coffee maker, dishes, dishcloth, a few dish towels, silverware, cooking utensils, pots and pans, microwave oven, toaster, electric can-openers, clock radios, etc. Bring food and extra dish towels, coffee filters, coffee, salt and pepper and nonstick cooking spray. No dishwasher, telephone, TV, washer/dryer.
- Living area: Fold-out sofa (sleeps two), dining table, benches (photos here)
- Bedrooms: Beds and nightstands, dresser, closet with hangers, clock radio
- One set of linens per bed and one set of towels per person
- Swimming and boat launching free for overnight guests
- Docks are available at the cabins, but guests must park their boat trailer in the overflow parking lot. There's no electricity at the overflow lot or the boat docks. Each cabin has one slip.
- The two-bedroom cabins are meant to sleep four. Six are allowed, but this relies on using a fold-out sofa for the two extra people. Each has a queen bed, two singles and a fold-out sofa, but it's a tight fit when fully occupied
- The three-bedroom cabin sleeps eight and has two queen beds, two singles and a foldout couch; two bathrooms (one universally accessible; the other has a tub)
- Picnic table and pedestal grill in yard per cabin; open porch with rocking chairs
- Firewood: The park provides one bundle of complimentary firewood. Extra firewood is available for a nominal fee.
- TV and VCR rentals are available to cabin guests.
- The cabins have rustic furniture; linens are included (one set per person for six people). Cabins are climate controlled (heat and AC).
- Consider bringing extra bath towels, body wash or soap, board games and playing cards.
Total sites of each type: Two-bedroom frame, 11; two-bedroom frame water view, 8; three-bedroom frame, 1.Total cabins: 20
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BEAUTIFUL SMITH MOUNTAIN LAKE STATE PARK HERE.