Bear Creek Lake State Park is more than just a pretty face
Bear Creek Lake State Park is located 1 hour from Richmond and has plenty to offer year-round
Most people only think of visiting a Bear Creek Lake State Park, she is not just a summertime romance, or a pretty sun tanned face, you see she has plenty to offer visitors year-round.
Top 10 list of things to do…
1. Stargazing – for overnight guests there are great views of the stars this time of year.
2. Wildlife viewing – a different variety of animals and birds are active this time of year.
3. Re-connect with your family by disconnecting the electronics. Leave the electronics at home and bring board games and puzzles to enjoy. A weekend get-away for the family can rejuvenate things at home.
4. Hunting in the nearby Cumberland State Forest.
5. Take your dog for a walk. Man’s best friend provides a great incentive to get out and explore trails.
6. Photography – there is always a moment in time worth capturing.
7. Plan your special event for the warmer months. The park has a variety of facilities that are available to be utilized for weddings, parties, business retreats or family gatherings.
8. Enjoy a romantic get-away. Rekindle those romantic feelings by snuggling up in front of the fireplace in one of our cabins.
9. It’s not always about the catching, fishing at Bear Creek Lake is always an enjoyable activity.
10. Utilize the park’s overnight accommodations as your base camp to visit nearby parks and historic sites.
If you have never been to Bear Creek Lake State Park we invite you to come on out!
The park is located one hour from Richmond; two hours from Roanoke, two hours; and just three hours from our Tidewater/Norfolk/Virginia Beach neighbors.
The leaves are down in the off season but the photography opportunities are up!
Instagram gives the visitor a fun way to view the park and share with family and friends
The cabins at Bear Creek offer privacy for a romantic getaway or fun family gatherings
If you are interested in staying overnight with us at Bear Creek Lake State Park,cabins and lodge.
If we were to add one more to our Top 10 list it would read:
11. SAVE MONEY – Twitter feed) noting any available cabins.
That equals 50% off for a weekend getaway! (compared to peak-season rates)
Now that we have shared 11 Top Reasons to Visit Bear Creek Lake State Park in the off-season, we hope to see you here soon fueling up your fond memories tank to full.